STOP right there! PUT DOWN that top. Walk away. And ask yourself these questions before you buy! It's like virtually taking part of me shopping with you this winter!
Now that Christmas is over, you know what that means! SALES, EVERYTHING MUST GO, 99% off!!!! Yes I love a great sale especially the after Christmas sales when every store is trying to get rid of everything and make room for resort wear! I've been dreaming of resort wear lately as I write this BUT before you start buying and filling your wardrobe full of new goodies, lets make sure you are spending those dollars wisely with pieces that will make the most impact & will help you create a plethora of options that you hardly can't wait to slip into every morning!
1. Is it comfortable? Is it something that you are going to want to rip off as soon as you get home from work or that party? Drop the top. Everyone has different comfort levels and these are REALLY important to consider because let's be honest, if you don't find it mostly comfortable, if that fabric feels like sand paper or those pants are falling down and riding up all day you are not going to reach for them when you open those closet doors.
2. Are you only buying it cause it is 1000% off? or because it is a fancy fashion brand that is 200,000% off??? Marketing ploys are so effective sometimes. It's like pieces are practically free or you are even losing money by not buying them right?! Wrong. When you are buying a new piece for your wardrobe, always consider cost per wear before buying it. It might not be so inexpensive or your money might be better spent on that piece you are going to wear 100 times but is full price. Estimated Cost per wear= Cost of piece / how many times you wear it. Yes even stylists likes math.
3. Quality? Is it only on sale cause it is already falling apart? OR a step away from collapsing into a million pieces? Put it back or if you have fallen madly in love with the piece consider the cost/time it will take you to get it fixed or have yourself fix it to get it up to parr.
4. Is it trendy but not you? Put it back. You don't have to be fashionable/trendy to be well dressed. Let me explain. A lot of the most famous fashion icons were well dressed because they knew what trends were for them and which weren't. They knew who they were and that is what made them well dressed.
5. Do you need it? Sure you love this top, but do you already have the same one at home? If so either vow to get rid of the one in your closet as soon as you walk in your humble abode or put back the one at the store unless of course it is a basic/ staple piece you plan on wearing all the time like a black v-neck tee etc.
May the odds be ever in your favor!