Since there are many new faces around here, I thought it'd be good to get back to the basics! Even if you aren't new it is always good to relearn the mission behind Cut Chic! Also for me to reintroduce myself to you!
I believe that everyone is cut out to be the chic'est/best version of themselves no matter what stage or point in your life you are in and thats how Cut Chic was developed. I believe you are fearfully and wonderfully made so why not embrace that everyday?! In turn, when you feel put together you will have the confidence to go out and conquer your own dreams/goals whether they are practical goals like surviving the day with your rambunctious kiddos or having the confidence to go for that promotion at work!
I have never wanted my fashion/style blog to be about me, hence why it is not full of pictures of me in outfits BUT I do want to help YOU on YOUR style journey because whether you want it to be a part of your life or not, you choose fashion everyday! That graphic tee and denim are still fashion! This being said I do realize that you do need to get to know me and see practical outfit ideas which is why you'll be seeing more of me on the blog and on Insta! The face behind Cut Chic and who I am so that we can be virtual or IRL Best Friends. I'm suriously serious.
I've always loved fashion, at a young age if I did not like the clothes my mom picked out for me wear I was not too pleasant. Thankfully she gave up on that and let me start choosing and expressing myself in any way I pleased through the way I dressed at a very young age. One time when I was 4 all my siblings were at school and I wanted to play my computer Barbie dress up game but my mom didn't know at the time how to turn it on so I did it myself and made it happen! (It's ok she's much more savvy now with the technology don't worry haha) As you can see I've always understood fashion & it's meshed with me. The perfect mix of creativity and analytics! Fast forward a few years... When I found out in high school that I could actually major in something so fun I was ecstatic. I ended up in the Fashion Merchandising program at Kent State and the rest is history. I studied fashion abroad all throughout Europe which changed my perspective on the industry and grew my love for it even more if that is possible?
I've never wanted to be a part of the high fashion world though even though I love and admire it dearly. I knew I went to school to HELP people through fashion/style, not judge them as many people remind me on the daily that they think that is what my job is all about. I promise thats not why I am here. But inspiring you IS why I am here. YOU. Not content full of models, Avant-Garde pieces or magazine layouts. Now don't get me wrong, I still drool over a pair of Manolo Blahnik's, an amazing runway show or a Birkin bag ANYDAY but those are the pieces that make up our everyday fashion as the styles/concepts trickle down.
Ever since I graduated I've dabbled in the high-end jewelry industry and cosmetology world doing inventory and being a part of the buying world. BUT I've always wanted to help people hands on and encourage and uplift them by the frustrations so many face getting dressed everyday or on a shopping trip. I now work for Stitch Fix as a stylist which goes hand in hand with my passion but I continue to desire to reach more people and have a more personal impact which has led me to create Cut Chic. So here's a few fun facts! If you're ever in the Cleveland area call me!
1. I like my dog ALOT. I know it's surprising. She's the best dog in the world. For reals.
2. I had two weddings an American & a Cambodian wedding complete with like 10 dress/hair/makeup changes. I looked like a mermaid!
3. I've been flipping the house I live in for about 2 years now and I DISLIKE it strongly. Yep real story. I did NOT miss my calling. I shall leave the flipping to gymnasts or Chip & Joanna.
4. When I'm not writing or styling you'll find me doing yoga, tennis, dancing the night away especially at the Dusty Armadillo or adventuring around CLE.
5. I get weird injuries/illnesses. I'm now part of the 1% of people who had chronic appendicitis and when I was younger I broke a bone in my knee playing soccer that they had never seen broken before! I'm just that talented somehow.
6. I love bitter things. As in drinks that is, not people. Dark Coffee, Red Wine, Lemons, Gin. According to the most recent Facebook video going around this makes me a psycho path... hmmm haha
7. I love having a good time, joking around, listening to comedians, doing rediculous things. JET SKIING, BOATING, LAKE ERIE. TRYING random new things. I'm up for any adventure!
Looking forward to getting to know all of you better! Feel free to introduce yourself if we haven't met yet!